THE CHILDREN OF ASSOCIATES PREMIER SCHOLARSHIP COULD BE YOURS
We’re looking for highly motivated and inspiring college-bound students who are committed to giving back to their community and higher education. We want to hear about how you make your block better while also planning your own path to success.
Ten students of the families of H&R Block U.S. associates will each receive $10,000 in scholarship money for their commitment to community and higher education.
In order to be eligible for the Children of Associates Premier Scholarship (CAPS), the applicant must:
- Have a parent, stepparent, grandparent or step-grandparent who is a current regular or seasonal company or franchise Associate for H&R Block in the United States and be able to prove relationship to employee.
- Be a high school senior at the time of entry.
- Be accepted and enrolled as a freshman at an accredited four-year university by the Fall of 2020.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship if you win).
Applicants will be judged based on whether they:
- Are forward-thinking and goal-oriented. They demonstrate that they are already beginning to think beyond college and planning for their future. They have a clear vision for how this scholarship will help reach their long-term goals.
- Seek to make their community better. They demonstrate a desire to give back and make their community better and are aware of strategies and programs that will allow them to have an impact.
- Display academic excellence. They are intellectually curious, set high academic goals for themselves and excel in their studies.
- Are interested and involved in various extracurricular activities. They are well-rounded individuals who excel in academics, but also realize the power of knowledge outside the classroom. They have multiple outlets to channel their passion, leadership and creativity.
- Represent H&R Block values. They share key company attributes:
- Proactive and highly motivated
- Inspiring, charismatic
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Are diverse. Scholarship applicants have diverse backgrounds, are from different places and have different academic ambitions.
- Are recommended. They have people in their life who are willing to speak to their involvement in the community and the impact they’re having.
In Partnership with
Copyright © 2020 H&R Block